::tO mY bEAt::

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Againts Time!!

Oh my god!! For the past week, I've been rushing here and there getting things done. Haha! It's definitely been a very busy week for me, what with all my projects due this week and all the upcoming tests! I'm going bonkers here! I must admit though, a whole bunch of things happened within this week. I don't even know where to start! I wish I had time to write. Correction: I wish I made time to update this little blog of mine. It's funny isn't it how people love to blame anything but themselves when something didn't happen the way they planned it to be? We'd rather point fingers to others then offer a lending hand.

Ok well, let's start with the highlight of last week. Mind you..not weekend. I have another interesting event that happened last weekend. ;) So.. the highlight of last week was: Noor Zeehan Mohd. Zahari, who's never laid her finger in the lake of Luzern, actually jumped into the lake!! Haha! It was freaking cold in there despite the flaming hot day we were experiencing. I really don't remember why I decided to do it but I did it. ^_^ It wasn't such a long swim as I was clad in my jeans, t-shirt and tudung. Usually, that wouldn't be a problem for me as I was used to swiming in the sea in that attire. I supposed I forgot to take into account that lake has no salt to aid in my floating and swimming, and therefore, the whole swimming affair had only lasted for as long as 15 minutes? hehehe...not impressive at all! But it was fun. Shivering Cold but Fun. Period. ;) Anyway, Emily and I decided to just sit by the park to dry off and chat. It was an interesting chat about religions and the world. Very enlightening indeed. Vicky, after jumping into the lake for like 5-10 mins while our chat was going on heatedly, decided to join us. At 8, we left the lake and had dinner at Emily's place after changing and all. By the way, in case if you're wondering, sunset is only at 2100. So basically, it was still sunny during our short swim.

Then the next day, at around 1830, Eva, Olivia, Raed and I drove up to Germany. Eva had planned a surprise gourmet dinner for her dad's birthday, and the rest of us were helping her out. It was such and awesome ride to germany. Raed was sooooooo flipping funny! We had such a good time even though it was a six hour drive - that is minus the time we stopped by for dinner and sending of a frined to the train station. I slept for a few hours in the car, but still managed to view some awesome scenery and laugh with the rest of them in the car. Anyhow, reaching Eva's crib at 0055, I could only think of the bed I was yearning to rest my head on. Finally, when we were all settled, I was all but sleepy! haha! Olivia and I decided to plan our menu for the special dinner for 12. After much alteration and discussion, we slept at around 4.

Saturday morning. This is it! I was extermely excited and determined to make the night's dinner a success. It really wasn't for me. I just wanted to do it for Eva. Afterall, she deserves it. Making my friends happy is such a pleasant and rewarding feeling. I'll be contented as long as those important to me are too. And so, we set off to shop for our needs and provision for the night. We spent about 92 Euros, which was half of our budjet. And then, when we got home, we managed to hide and store everything from being seen by her dad. It worked perfectly well. hehehe....as sly as the fox we were!

As Mr. Zoelch had no idea what was going on, he insisted that we went sightseeing, even if it were just around the neighbourhood. It was so funny for he went on and on about the places to see ever since the moment we reached their house the night before. He decided to bring us to this beer garden to experience the local food and beer. Everyone except for me and Eva had beer; Eva had to drive, and I, well, I'm a Muslim (duh!!). Unfortunately though, we didn't have a chance to try the local food. A very bad storm hit Germany just before we got there and pretty much damaged quite a few places. The beer garden's kitchen was closed for the day. We were then brought to this castle of 60+ rooms. It wasn't striking, architecturally, but a history to be proud of nonetheless. Because it was getting late, and we didn't have lunch yet, Mr. Zoelch decided that we should head home.

At home, we were offered food. But being nervous and all, I could just reject the offer politely. For some reason, Raed and Olivia did the same. We then headed for the garden, where Eva and Raed had a game of ping pong. Olivia decided to sleep on the couch soon after, while I stayed on as an audience to the ongoing game.

By 1540, I was getting restless. The dinner starts at 6, but we're still not in the kitchen. We were waiting for Mr Zoelch and the rest of his visiting relatives to have coffee and tea at the back of the house. It wasn't until around 1630, that Olivia and I started to cook, while Eva, Raed and Eva's brother, Micheal, set up the dining room and turned it into a 5 star banquet hall for 12. I didn't know cooking in the kitchen with Olivia would be so much fun. But having Raed and Eva helping out half way through the whole thing was simply terrific! I had such a great time in the kitchen despite the rush and time limit that we had. Within 2 hours, we managed to make a 4 course menu: 1. Salmon on a bed of white asparagus served with herbs and sour cream and drops of lemon juice, 2. Cream of Mushroom Soup, 3. Involtini of Beef served with pan-fried eggplant and special brown chanterelle sauce and 4. Bread and butter pudding, served with vanilla cream and fresh fruits. It was so much fun to see, or rather hear from Eva and Raed, who became the servers of the night, of the faces of our guest the moment they laid their eyes on our creations. They would stare at the food for a few minutes and then take pictures of it before even eating it! I was thrilled! By the end of it all, I was exhausted. Our guest, after taking our pictures and congratulating us for our awesome effort, presented us with 30 Euros each. One of Eva's uncle drew this really cute certificate on paper for us! It was definitely a night to remember.

Sunday morning, after breakfast, we rushed to Munich to catch our train back home. Unfortunately, the sudden traffic that we hit, caused us to miss our ride. Luckly at 1542, there was another one. And so, Mr. & Mrs Zoelch decided that we should go sightseeing. :D hehehe. It was so sweet of them to do that. I'm sure they were tired from driving but they insisted on it anyway, as they reasoned that we made them overwhelmed with gratitude. I was honestly honoured and pleased. Grateful as well for that event. We almost missed out train again but managed to be there just in time. The ride home wasn't as cheery as it was when we were heading to Germany. Obviously, none of us wanted to go home! Raed spent most of his time sleeping, while Olivia and I were busy contemplating our eventful weekend. Of course, with Raed around, things were entertaining, but for the most part of the journey, we mostly kept to ourselves. We reached home at 2300.

Although Monday was a public holiday here in Switzerland, I had my kitchen class. Of course, Chef Urs, being the considerate person he is, started our classes a little later than usual. It was rather a slow day as it was cool, dark and gloomy - a weather perfect to snuggle in bed! Anyhow, I didn't have lunch in the cafeteria. Instead, had an Indian cuisine lunch on the balcony with Meera. It was delicious. Haha! Never knew how delicious the Indian vegetarian food could be until I got to Switzerland. Anyway, it started raining in the late afternoon, and only stopped for a short time at around 2100. I pity those students who went all the way up to Mount. Rigi anticipating a good view of fireworks from above! They were up there since around 1930, tying to witness the night's celebration of Swiss National Day, but the fogs had simply prevent them from doing so. On the contrary, we, the students who remained in school, had the best opportunity to witness such impressive show of fireworks on the rooftop. At first, it was quite disappointing to see big fireworks every else but here in Vitznau. Some of the students left the rooftop early. I was determined though to see a good show. Finally, at around 2130, a nearby boat on the lake started with the most awesome close-up fireworks I've ever seen! Not only were they psychedelic, they were also popping out in different patterns and shapes! I love fireworks. Really I do! It's in the top 3 list of things I love apart from my family and friends: The Beach, The Fireworks and the Stars. I could stay up all night for that. ^_^

Haha! Looks like I've written most of the major events of last week. ^_^ The following pictures are some of a few things we made in our Pastry Kitchen I've promised to post. Couldn't post all as it would be too much. But I think that's enough for now. ;) You guys hungry already? hehehe...anyway, back to reality for me! More later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home