::tO mY bEAt::

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Another Week in Vitznau....

For some reason, with each passing day, my heart protests to the fact that I’ll be going home to Malaysia. I never thought how much I’d feel attached to my current home in Switzerland. It definitely has been a great eight months here in DCT. What with all the life experience I’ve gained, friends I’ve made, and not to mention this little quaint village of Vitznau I’ve learned to love, just three more weeks left, and a sad farewell I’ll have to bid.

Anyhow, let’s end that emotional initiation. Yesterday, I woke up to a welcoming bath of sun ray, which lasted for as long as an eye blink – ok, I’m exaggerating…it’s somewhat a little longer than that, but the erratic weather here has been horrendous. A smile to a thought of a beautiful day as I imagined and hoped it would turn out to be. Lazily I got ready to go to Luzern with Jessica, wishing I could stay in my bed awhile longer.

We skipped brunch as we planned to get ours in Luzern, at a Thai restaurant. This was supposed to be the roommie outing we’ve been meaning to have for weeks. Being girls and considering it’s a Saturday, we took our leisure time to get prepared. By the time I finished my prayers, it was already 1340, and the next bus was in less than 15 minutes. We left Vitznau at 1354.

In Luzern, we bought instant noodles to stock up for the next 3 weeks at Kam Tong, our first stop. Thereafter, we headed to the Thai restaurant. Boy, was that a good meal! I had fried seafood noodle, which soo reminded me of Malaysia, while Jessica had her seafood noodle soup. We also shared a platter of raw prawns, marinated in chilies and vinegar. That was the spiciest appetizer I’ve ever had! But both of us managed 6 pieces each, which left our eyes teary and red, while our mouth burning from the spiciness of the prawns. It was indeed one of the best meals I had in Switzerland since I set foot here.

We went to Migros, a smaller version of Malaysia’s Giant Supermarket, to get provisions for tomorrow’s intended Vietnamese lunch. Did I ever mention how good a cook Jessica is?? Whatever is produced from her pot will turn out to be something so delicious you can barely resist the temptation and stop eating. Trust me; it’s not only me who melted away when I had her cooking. Anyway, she promised me a vegetarian Vietnamese dish tomorrow. I can hardly wait! Hehehe….We managed to get all the things, including a kebab for Benk benk before leaving at 1712.

After Asr, I went to Sara’s room to give her a birthday present and to hang out with the Korean gals for a few minutes. I’ve always liked being with my Korean friends. There’s always something new for me to learn, be it the language, culture or traditions…and ehrm….food as well ;)…I was surprised to see more people than I expected to be there. But it was still an enjoyable time.

I stayed there until I received a phone call from Jessica, who asked me to join her for a drum session at the basement. It was without doubt one of the coolest experience I’ve acquire since I got here. Firstly, I didn’t expect whatsoever I was about to witness. Benk Benk was undeniably one of the best drummers I’ve ever met. You know, the kind of talented person, when they start playing, all mouths will be drooping to the floor. Yes he was that good. I mean, he could practically go on and on without music, and I assure you, none will be bored. It was remarkable I tell you. I was given a short lesson of drums and will probably learn more in the coming week. ;)

Anyhow, after my drum session, Meera and I decided to take a nice night stroll out along the lake. I was in for yet another shock. You see, since the floods and rain, both of us haven’t been walking. For one thing, it has been raining on and off, since last week. As our school was on a slightly higher ground and wasn’t so badly affected, we hadn’t imagine what we were about to see. The mud residue that was still apparent by the road side also didn’t tell much of the damage that was cause. 3 minutes after walking, we finally reached our favorite park, which we used to hang out in. With eyes as wide with disbelief, the ugly scene of total damage that welcomed us slowly sink in. Never had I envision such a disturbing scene. In the dark, the path between flowers and trees were literally destroyed, full of rocks, logs and mud. My sanctuary was destroyed, and God knows how long it will be till they restore it once more; though I’m praying hard so that that would be before I leave soon.

The rest of the night I spent in bed as much rest was still needed. I’ve been sick for more than a week now and everything has been really slow for me. My studies have been greatly affected, but hopefully, today, given the moody weather outside, fewer distractions will encourage me to learn something and catch up on work. Anyways, Zara is smsing me right now! Owh I’m soooo excited, hopefully, my recovery will allow me to post more stuff next week. Till then….mata ne!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home