::tO mY bEAt::

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I close my eyes….

Have you ever woke up from your sleep only to wish that u were still dreaming away? Wish that you’re away from reality and away from whatever you’re currently pursuing? It’s a rare occasion really, but what do you do when it happens? You can’t give up now – you’re in the middle of it all. You can’t go on either because nothing appeals to your heart. You’re confused and you’re upset. You want to cry but you feel like laughing. You want to smile but your soul’s hurting. Everything seems so surreal. You live your life asking yourself, what’s the point of it all? In times like this, I’m always reminded by two things: 1. Allah has promised that with every difficulty there is relief, and therefore we should turn to Him for assistance. And 2. A word from and old treasured friend. He told me, “Find a sparkle in every darkness.” Then, everything seems bearable again. The sun’s brighter and everything becomes genuinely pleasing….

Today, I finally learned how to make puff pastry dough!! :) It’s been forever since I wanted to learn how to make it. Alhamdulillah I’ve finally mastered the arts of puff pastry dough production (I hope ;)) We’ll be making pastries tomorrow insyaAllah. I’m certainly looking forward to it! Hopefully when we’re all done, I’ll post some pictures. I love my pastry classes. There are a lot of skills to be developed and comprehension involved in this course yet I’m never discouraged. In fact, it motivates me to learn more. If given the choice between the hot kitchen and the pastry kitchen, I’ll choose pastries without any hesitation!

Then, there were my management classes. How I dreaded them all! It’s not that I hate it. It’s just that because this whole course is an intensive one, the subjects which are usually studied for, I don’t know a year maybe, are all crammed in 3 months! Learning it all is not the problem. The problem arises when you have to learn it all at once while having to complete of a bunch of projects along with it! It’s really frustrating!! By the end of the day, I’m all worn out. I wish I was on holiday again!! Haha! I guess that’s life huh? You must see the worse first before you can appreciate the good that you have.

As if having the whole day packed with classes, both practical and theory is not enough, I was approached by Mr. Thompsett, who had gladly informed me that my tutoring duties started tonight. I didn’t mind at all as it was a good chance for me to concentrate on doing my homework and learn more through teaching others. It’s just that today was such a strenuous day and I knew no one would come. But responsibilities are responsibilities. You just have to carry it out despite your wishes and desire. So I stayed at the lobby for a whole hour trying desperately to get part of my project done….but to no avail. I then came across to the translation of this song I love, by Hirai Ken: Hitomi wo tojite (I close my eyes)…. At least that eased my disappointment! ^_^ Anyway, at 2110 I decided to go back to my room. Try to get some work done and of course start writing this blog.

I’m feeling pretty much content now that I’ve expressed my inner thoughts. I guess now I can close my eyes….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home