::tO mY bEAt::

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Choices, Confusions..HOPE

I never knew job hunting is such a trying task. Granted, I've been lucky enough to get people (friends, aunt and my beloved parents) helping me to get them. But still! It's soooo strenuous! And all this few months of searching only to work for a total of 6 months. Then, if you're like me, you'd want to have alternatives. As it is, I won't go jumping around shouting hoorayy when I need to work. I mean, I love studying, but the prospects of working doesn't really seem to excite me. So now, with a need to complete my advanced dip. course, I'm oblidged to work.

As many may know, I was offered a position in Empire Hotel Brunei for my industry training. I was very happy about it as I was confident that I'll be cooking and dealing with halaal products only. Meaning, though I'm thrown into the fine dining kitchen, I've got nothing to worry about wine and pork. Brunei is afterall particular in this matter. The thing is, I'll be getting OnLy 200 Brunei Dollars per month. Which is unfortunately not enough to support myself there. Then, I applied to Dubai with the help of Azmil. I was hoping chances are good there too. But haven't got an answer about that since the very day I sent my resume. I'm sure a lot of people who've done some job hunting would agree if I say that the wait kills!!!

Anyway, my parents has been planning for me to have my industry training in Malaysia. Alhamdulillah, by the grace of the Almighty, I've been offered a position in Shangri-La KL. My chef's were both very very happy for me for not everyone get the opportunity to work in a prestigious hotel. I'm definitely happy about that too! Heck! I even get to choose the areas which I wish to be exposed to! So what else can I complain about? Well, for one thing...it's freakin unpaid!!!! Sure, I'll get to place Shangri-La Hotel in my future CV. But the plans I've made when I get my paycheck!! NOOOOO!! It'll be quite impossible for me now to save up to go to either America, which I've been wanting to do for years, or korea to visit all my friends there!! And that sucks!

On the other hand, I'll be closer to almost everyone who's important to me, have a home to return to everyday, get good halaal food, and have nothing petty like laundry and rent to worry about. So I am very lucky indeed. :) And, although I'll be fussing about how I'll have no paycheck for the 6 months I'll be working, being with everyone is sooo worth living for, even without that paycheck. Plus it is jUsT 6 puny litte months of my life. I hope it'll be one of the few interesting things that will happen to me. New experience, more exposure. I hope all will turn out fine. Jaffri, if you're reading this....I am finding that sparkle in my life. ;) wonder if u still remember that? haha!

Well, that's all the future I'm hoping for anyways. For now, the present is what I have to concentrate with. Afterall, we plan and Allah decides....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home