::tO mY bEAt::

Monday, August 22, 2005

Slow Week....

Ok, I know I’ve been lagging. Granted, this week wasn’t a busy one for both kitchen and management classes. But this has been one of the rare weeks I actually get to rest and relax. We’ve been making ice-creams, sherbet, sorbet and deep-fried products, which was fairly easy and then I hadn’t had any management classes till Friday.

On last Wednesday, the whole EPC class went on a trip to one of the most famous Baker/Confectionary Factory called Keller Regensdorf in Zurich, Switzerland. We left school as early as 0400 in the morning!!! It was flipping funny to hear all the strategies plotted to make sure we woke up. Chai and I agreed to wake each other up. Meera decided not to sleep. I guess she woke Alejandra up – they’re roommates. Chris ran at 0230 in the morning. Yes. Ran! He went running in the middle of the night along the lake I assume. It was amazing! But the best of all was Alejandro. Haha!! He drank 1.5l of water to make sure he’ll wake up in the middle of the night when nature calls! When we heard that, the whole bus was laughing our heads off!! It was sooo funny. The rest of the group either slept early and set their alarm clocks, or did as Chai and I did - call each other up.

We reached Keller at around 5 and were greeted by Mr. Keller himself. The first sight that caught our eyes upon reaching the doors of the factory was the fresh and sweet smelling breads and pastries. It was so mouth watering that hunger threatens our self-control. We were brought to see different parts of the factory; the checking station, where products are ordered and checked before they leave the factory’s premises, the dough production site, the sandwich and croissant production site, the chiller area, the fermentation room, the pastries and sweet production site, the baking area, and many more. It was amazing how they start work in the middle of the night, and just before 6, their products were baked, packed and subsequently were sent out to the whole of Zurich. It was awesome! I’ll post up pictures of the trip soon.

The next few days, I had such pleasant sleeps and every night was spent with a friend, watching Hell’s Kitchen and Naruto. The weather, being rainy and gloomy only added the feeling of comfort in my snuggly bed, where my two favorite pillows laid. Aside from relaxing, I’ve managed to do some soul searching by talking to people about thoughts and feelings. So basically, it’s been a wonderful week. Life is beautiful Alhamdulillah….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home